I love discovering new things. For me, finding a new tv show, podcast or book to get into is one of the best feelings in the world. So when I do find these things, I love to share them with others in the hope that they would love them as much as I do. Here are a few things lately that I’ve found are really awesome. Read More
1// Gilmore Girls on Netflix – I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it here before, but I’m obsessed with Gilmore Girls. And not in a ‘oh I love that show’ kind of way but in an ‘I’ve watched every episode a million times and can quote almost all of it’ kind of way. And although I have every season on DVD (and have watched them countless times), having every episode on Netflix is so amazing and convenient to be able to watch them on my iPad or laptop any time I want. A Gilmore obsessed girls’ dream come true.
2// John Green – Ever since I read A Fault In Our Stars, I’ve fallen in love with John Green’s writing. So far I’ve also read Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska and I’ve started An Abundance of Katherines. Although his writing is typically centered around teenagers, the themes of the books seem much older than the characters. I love the way he writes; the imagery and the multi faceted characters he creates really make you think about life and bigger things in the world.
3// Clarisonic – I treated myself to one of these around my birthday in the cutest color. I love how clean this makes my skin feel after using it. I really feel like it removes more dirt and makeup and helps my skin absorb products better. I love the fact that you can use different brush heads with it and different speeds for a truly customized skin care routine.
4// Trivia Crack – This game is literally crack. It’s all about knowing little bits of random trivia. Once I get started playing it, it’s really hard to stop. It’s a great game to have around when you have nothing else to do and want to be entertained. Plus, learning random facts while playing is an added bonus.
5// Tartlette Palette – No one loves an all matte palette more than I do. Matte eyeshadows for me are much easier to wear than shimmers. This palette has 12 different matte shadows ranging from very light to very dark. I love all of the shades included in this palette. They are all very wearable and buildable. The combination of the gold and purple packing with the versatile shades makes this palette a major winner.
Reading is a favorite past time of mine. I’ve always been an avid reader, especially when I was younger and had much more free time. I always have a ton of books laying around and a there’s always a book I’m currently reading. Having books available on my phone and iPad are also fantastic. Recently I discovered audiobooks which have also changed my life. I can listen to them while I’m working and can feel like I’m multitasking even more than usual. My favorite book series will always be Harry Potter and I used to read a lot of young adult novels in a similar vein, but lately my preferences have expanded. Here are a few of my recent favorite books spanning all different genres.
- Sharp Objects/Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn – Both of these books by Gillian Flynn are great reads. Her stories and characters are so enthralling that I end up finishing the books in two or three nights, which is not good for my sleep but so worth it.
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green – I’m a definite crier during books or movies but never has another book had be crying as much as this book has and that is probably the best compliment I could give it. You sincerely feel what these characters are going through and the story is genuinely beautiful and refreshing. Not to mention the movie is great also.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette – Maria Semple – This book is a really fun read. I love the way the story is told through narrative along with pieces of ‘evidence’ throughout the novel. I wasn’t sure where the story would go, but it was a unique story.
- Game of Thrones Series – GRR Martin – I’ve recently started watching the tv series and am so impressed with the writing and story that I decided to read the books. Well ‘read’ I should say because I’ve been listening to the audiobooks. It is so interesting to compare the tv show to the books and to find out so much more information and character development in the books.
- Is everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling – I love reading the books of successful comedy women. They are so intriguing and enlightening. Mindy writes about things that I always think about and it’s refreshing to read her unique point of view. Plus her anecdotes are hilarious.
Tell me: what are you reading?