- Evernote – I use evernote for a lot of different things, specifically writing up drafts of my blog posts and keeping lists of everything from topics to write about for the blog to lists of ideas for people’s birthday gifts. This app is my go to anytime I need to write anything down.
- ShopShop – This is the original app that I started using for creating my lists. I usually keep lists of things that I need to buy in this app but I also have lists of movies and TV shows I need to watch. It is so useful to have a place to store these lists in one place and this app is so simple.
- Wunderlist – This app is a multi-functional list keeping app. I use it for more of an itinerary of items that need to be done over the weekend or during the day. I really like the design of this app and the fact that it could be utilized for business purposes by multiple users.
New gym bag – This bag is both cute and functional: the two necessities for any bag. It’s big enough to hold all of my essentials for working out. I love a bag with lots of pockets, especially for the gym. And this color is to die for. I will definitely be using this one a bunch. (olivia+joy). Which goes along with something else that has been making me happy: getting back into exercising. I’ve kind of fallen off the wagon of my exercise regime for the past couple months. It’s been making me feel sluggish and so much less strong. Exercising gives me so much more energy and makes me happier so I’ve been slowly getting back into it.
Intuos Wacom tablet – I’ve wanted a drawing tablet for so long and finally bought this one. I’m so excited to see what I can create using this tablet. You can look forward to lots of creations coming up while I’m experimenting with what I can do with this tablet.
Birchbox package – Getting anything in the mail is awesome. Getting a Birchbox shipment in the mail is exciting because you know you are in store for some great beauty products. This shipment was an order for skincare products that will hopefully make my skin feel/look better, which always makes me happy.
Seeing concerts – My first concert wasn’t until college. Although I’ve always loved music, somehow I’d never thought to actually go to a concert. Throughout college I never had enough time to see all the concerts I wanted to but now that I’m in the ‘real world’ and have free weekends, I’ve been grabbing every opportunity to see live music. My music tastes tend to be pretty diverse: I have tickets to see Katy Perry this month, I recently went to Warped Tour, a Fall Out Boy/Paramore concert and won free tickets to see Ed Sheeran. Winning those tickets was crazy and awesome and made me soo happy. I love Ed Sheeran’s new album and was so happy to see him live. I feel like I’m making up all the time now seeing as many concerts as I can since I’ve missed so many in the past. It feels good to splurge a little on these types of things and be able to soak up these experiences, especially during a busy time.
- Maybelline Mascara – Honestly, most of the Maybelline mascaras that I have tried have been great. Lately I have been in love with the Rocket Volum’ Express. It gives body and volume without clumping and comes off as a pretty natural look.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen – Sunscreen is all important in the fight against skin aging. I wear a moisturizer with a sunscreen daily and have tried many. This moisturizer goes on very smoothly and does not clog my sensitive skin.
- Plus White 5-Minute White – This stuff is great for whitening teeth. It starts whitening in 5 minutes and seems to do a very good job. I’ve used strips in the past which never seem to get the spaces between my teeth which is frustrating. Using this whitener with a mouth-guard that is molded to your teeth is the ideal, it can get into these hard to whiten spaces and doesn’t move around. It’s nice to have this whitening stuff around for a quick fix.
- Revlon Powder Blush – Wine Not – This blush provides great color payoff and I love the name of this shade! It’s become my daily go-to blush.
- L’Oreal Iron Straight Heat Spray – Spraying this on before I straighten my hair helps majorly in keeping my hair straight and frizz free. Its nice to have a product that can help with fly-aways and the ever dreaded frizz that I always have a problem with.
- L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup – When I used liquid foundation, this is my go-to. They have shades that match my skin tone pretty well and its a light coverage so it doesn’t go on too heavily. I’d love to know your favorite drugstore products!(all product images from respective websites/makeupalley.com)
If I didn’t snack throughout the day, I would probably go crazy with hunger. Or at least fall asleep due to lack of energy. Having healthy snacks around help me get through the day and keep me from eating really badly all day.
Almonds – Almonds are full of protein and healthy fats. They are easy to snack on and take with you throughout the day to stay away from those unhealthier snacks. If I feel like something a little tastier than raw almonds, I go for a roasted or lightly salted version.
Smoothies – My favorite smoothie recipes include relatively healthy ingredients. Lately my favorite recipes have included vanilla yogurt, oats, vanilla almond milk, and either fresh berries or the combination of peanut butter and a banana. Adding some type of protein to your smoothie can help you feel more satisfied and less hungry throughout the day.
Kind Healthy Grains – Soft Baked Bars – These are my favorite granola bars. I usually have two flavors around to take with me to work to keep me sustained throughout the day. These are relatively healthy snacks as the ingredients are fairly simple and they only have 150 calories. These usually give me enough energy to last until lunch.
Bananas – The potassium and other elements in bananas have so many benefits that I try to eat them as much as possible. They are easy to transport and eat while you’re on the go. Not to mention delicious.
Dark Chocolate – Keeping a bar of dark chocolate in my drawer at work is one of my secrets for getting through that after lunch tired feeling. Eating a square instantly gives me a little boost to keep working. I love versions that include mint or sea salt.
Reading is a favorite past time of mine. I’ve always been an avid reader, especially when I was younger and had much more free time. I always have a ton of books laying around and a there’s always a book I’m currently reading. Having books available on my phone and iPad are also fantastic. Recently I discovered audiobooks which have also changed my life. I can listen to them while I’m working and can feel like I’m multitasking even more than usual. My favorite book series will always be Harry Potter and I used to read a lot of young adult novels in a similar vein, but lately my preferences have expanded. Here are a few of my recent favorite books spanning all different genres.
- Sharp Objects/Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn – Both of these books by Gillian Flynn are great reads. Her stories and characters are so enthralling that I end up finishing the books in two or three nights, which is not good for my sleep but so worth it.
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green – I’m a definite crier during books or movies but never has another book had be crying as much as this book has and that is probably the best compliment I could give it. You sincerely feel what these characters are going through and the story is genuinely beautiful and refreshing. Not to mention the movie is great also.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette – Maria Semple – This book is a really fun read. I love the way the story is told through narrative along with pieces of ‘evidence’ throughout the novel. I wasn’t sure where the story would go, but it was a unique story.
- Game of Thrones Series – GRR Martin – I’ve recently started watching the tv series and am so impressed with the writing and story that I decided to read the books. Well ‘read’ I should say because I’ve been listening to the audiobooks. It is so interesting to compare the tv show to the books and to find out so much more information and character development in the books.
- Is everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling – I love reading the books of successful comedy women. They are so intriguing and enlightening. Mindy writes about things that I always think about and it’s refreshing to read her unique point of view. Plus her anecdotes are hilarious.
Tell me: what are you reading?