Reading is a favorite past time of mine. I’ve always been an avid reader, especially when I was younger and had much more free time. I always have a ton of books laying around and a there’s always a book I’m currently reading. Having books available on my phone and iPad are also fantastic. Recently I discovered audiobooks which have also changed my life. I can listen to them while I’m working and can feel like I’m multitasking even more than usual. My favorite book series will always be Harry Potter and I used to read a lot of young adult novels in a similar vein, but lately my preferences have expanded. Here are a few of my recent favorite books spanning all different genres.
- Sharp Objects/Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn – Both of these books by Gillian Flynn are great reads. Her stories and characters are so enthralling that I end up finishing the books in two or three nights, which is not good for my sleep but so worth it.
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green – I’m a definite crier during books or movies but never has another book had be crying as much as this book has and that is probably the best compliment I could give it. You sincerely feel what these characters are going through and the story is genuinely beautiful and refreshing. Not to mention the movie is great also.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette – Maria Semple – This book is a really fun read. I love the way the story is told through narrative along with pieces of ‘evidence’ throughout the novel. I wasn’t sure where the story would go, but it was a unique story.
- Game of Thrones Series – GRR Martin – I’ve recently started watching the tv series and am so impressed with the writing and story that I decided to read the books. Well ‘read’ I should say because I’ve been listening to the audiobooks. It is so interesting to compare the tv show to the books and to find out so much more information and character development in the books.
- Is everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling – I love reading the books of successful comedy women. They are so intriguing and enlightening. Mindy writes about things that I always think about and it’s refreshing to read her unique point of view. Plus her anecdotes are hilarious.
Tell me: what are you reading?