Beauty products: I always have too many but never enough. I love sampling all types of beauty products but there are certain ones that I never want to give up. Here is my list of most recent must-haves.
- Beauty Protector – This stuff is like a miracle for your hair. It’s conditioning and detangling and so much more! I discovered it through Birchbox and have fallen head over heals. It makes my difficult hair so soft and manageable. They better keep making this forever!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – Batiste is the only dry shampoo that I’ve used that I’ve found actually works. Others that I’ve tried have been smelly and not worked as they said they have. The Batiste Wild dry shampoo is great smelling and actually refreshes my hair. They have a ton of different scents and I can’t wait to try more of them.
- Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser – In addition to fighting acne, this cleanser is meant to be anti-aging. These two concerns affect my skin care routine the most. I was so happy to find products that actually address both concerns in one product. I’ve only been using the face wash for a short time, but it seems to be working well. I had a few blemishes that have dissipated with the combination of this product and my skin routine.
- MaybellineColor Elixir Lip Lacquer – Lip gloss has never been my thing. Stains or balms have always been my go to but this lacquer is not too sticky or shiny so I actually really enjoy it. The color payoff is pretty and you can go darker or lighter based on how much you layer. My current favorite shade is 050 Caviar Couture – it’s a dark berry that gives a look that really speaks to my moodier side.
- Lush Breath of Fresh Air – This is a new product that I heard about from a beauty Youtuber and decided to give it a try. It is a toner that is supposed to help balance your skin. Honestly, I just love spraying it on my face. Toners that I have used in the past have made me break out or made my skin too dry so I’m hoping that this one will be better since it is made with natural products, including sea water. How cool is that? It feels so great and cool when you spritz it on your face and it will hopefully help with my breakouts.
- Mac Liner – My go to dark eyeliner product. I’m not good with applying liquid liner but I love the look. With this liner, you get that high pigment black payoff with the ease of using a thin liner brush which works out so much better for me. One of the tricks with this is getting a really thin liner brush. I use Mac’s 263 brush to apply. Also, make sure to keep the lid on this product shut really tight, otherwise it can dry out more quickly.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo – I like to use a brow powder to fill in my already dark eyebrows. I have thick, black eyebrows so finding a powder that wasn’t too dark and overpowering has been a struggle. I used to just use black eyeshadow but then I found this dual colored brow powder compact and have fallen in love. It comes with a lighter and a darker color in just about every hair color shade. This is key for going lighter for day and darker for evening.
Tell me: what are your favorite beauty products?